- It’s okay to step away from social media. If it makes your heart feel like it’s dying every time you look at it, you are not helping anybody by constantly confronting a wall of pain. You don’t owe it to anybody to be present online.
- You can be concerned about what’s happening in the world and still enjoy the things that you like. Sometimes that’s the only way to stay sane.
- There is still a place in the world for kindness, compassion and happiness. Don’t let that get crushed.
- For every horrible person, there are many others who are wonderful. Connect with those people. Let them into your life.
- Everyone reacts to things differently. A lot of people are in a state of mourning. Just because you are not responding the same way as others does not make your feelings invalid.
In the expanses of time
From a day of pure blue dreamy skies
To gray chill September rain
A world is in some ways still the same —
Bruised, cracked, unaware
Of the feeling before that tightness
Constricting in the throat, stomach, heart
At the thought of burning and falling
But then followed by a reassurance
A hope, because we are still on our feet
Moving like wolves at dusk
A herd of elephants, a murder of crows,
Vigilant and worn and WISE.