There were a lot of changes in 2015. Added responsibility. New faces, places, things. Experiences that, while enriching and ultimately good in the greater sense of living, have worn me the hell down.
We bought a house. I changed jobs. I participated in events in front of a million people (Ask Me Another) and in front of complete strangers (Mudderella), both trials that challenged me mentally and physically. I wrote a novel. I made things.
And guys? I feel like a bit of a mess. I feel like the Stretch Armstrong you find in your garage after 20 years, and when you pull the arms with the hope of stretching, you send up with a pile of sawdust and rubber. I feel like your first swimsuit. I feel like a super ball with a crack in it, like if I try to fulfill a purpose I’m just going to explode tragically.
Anyway, you get the point.
2016 is going to be coming back to basics. It’s going to be about taking a look at the everyday, and reestablishing habits. It’s going to be about installing all the personal updates and getting my heart restarted.
- Spend less time on things that cause me unnecessary distress.
- Be more honest – with myself as much as others.
- Practice moderation. And, in doing so, relish what I take in.
- Make new things out of joy, not necessarily to gain recognition or compensation.
- Schedule time for things I love, no matter how trivial.
What’s your word for 2016?
One thought on “2015 was a Journey…2016 is time for a REBOOT”