I wish someone had told me these things.
1. Not everyone gets a tax refund. Sometimes you actually have to pay the government! How messed up is that?!
2. You should buy a house. But it’s hard, and you have to have a buttload of money first.
3. Nobody is going to make doctor’s appointments for you. And there’s a good chance the doctor’s office isn’t going to be in walking distance of your door.
4. The world favors the lark, not the owl. As such, it takes substantial work to maintain a night lifestyle and still fulfill a lot of adult responsibilities.
5. Just assume you’re not going to get the hang of it all during your twenties. And then one day things will start slowly settling into place…for a while, anyway. It’s best to just keep truckin,’ and don’t over analyze things.