I am literally squeezing this into the few minutes of free time I have. This week has been nothing but homemade Christmas presents, work, laundry, packing for my family trip next week and freelance deadlines.
So, how can you too keep going despite a to-do list as long as the Mississippi?
1. Find out what times work for you and demand them. I’m up late because I know I am most productive between 8-11. If it means I don’t have a lot of free time in the morning, I accept that.
2. Eat, stay hydrated, and sleep. Keep your health up, even when you think it would be a lot better to double-fist cheeseburgers and fries.
3. Avoid falling into the trap of thinking too much about it. And by “it” I mean all the things you need or want to do. Don’t fall into that abyss of overwhelming stress. Just do it. Ride the momentum of inertia and do, do, do.
4. Laugh a lot. And sing. And hug people. I’ve been watching reruns of Parks and Rec. It helps.
5. Stay in the moment. It’s easy to pummel yourself over what’s happening tomorrow or what you didn’t do yesterday. But instead of wasting your time on stuff you can’t control, pay attention to what’s in your hands.