Watching: Beat Bobby Flay — My husband and I have been on a kick for roughly the past year or so watching Food Network, including a lot of their cooking game shows. We tried this one out after hearing Alton Brown go on about it. It makes me so mad, and I’m not sure why. I think it’s just because the editing goes like this:
Judges: Oh, Chef Not-Bobby-Flay, your dish is wonderful and perfect and cool and original. And Bobby Flay, your dish is kind of…meh. THE WINNER IS BOBBY FLAY!
Loving: Lush — oh, Lush. You wined me and dined me, and even though there was neither alcohol nor food, I would really love to see you again. You make my skin feel like marshmallows, and you have great charitable causes that I can get behind.
Reading: The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides — I’ve seen the movie and listened to the soundtrack, but I’m really digging the book. I’m juggling this with a couple of other things I’m reading, but this has the largest portion of my tiny goldfish attention span.
Hearing: I Love You by The Neighborhood — Very different from my usual musical tastes, but I find it very mellow and chill. So yeah.
Doing: Compiling photos from my staycation — Last week I stayed here in Pittsburgh with my husband and did a lot of crazy stuff. Including and not limited to:
- Checking out the Nationality Rooms in the Cathedral of Learning.
- Eating out at a bunch of places we’d never been before.
- Riding the Duquesne Incline (finally!).
- Watching both Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy (I recommend both so, so, so much).
- Visiting Monroeville Mall and Evans City, the sites of the filming of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.
- Going to Randyland (which is where this picture was taken).
I took a lot of pictures. And they are all currently a mess, and I’m trying to work on getting a Google Story or something for all of them so you can share in the delight of my staycation.
It’s Monday. What are you doing?