40 Days: When Life Gets in the Way
5 Things That Have Happened Since Thursday
1. Observed Valentine’s Day on Saturday with my husband. We were going to get super fancy chocolates from Godiva at the mall, but unfortunately there was an obscene amount of traffic due to President’s Day sales. But we went to see “Warm Bodies” (and if you haven’t seen it, you should) and had a special dinner: an oil-based fondue with Filet Mignon, spinach and vegetable dip (pro-tip: use a round loaf of hawaiian bread and add parmesan to the mix), wine and almond cake for dessert.
2. Scraped a lady’s car in the Target parking lot. Ugghh. I left a note, contacted my insurance, did all the responsible grown up things and all the while my inner child was throwing a tantrum.
“This is one of those things that happens to everyone. It was bound to happen sooner or later.”
“Uh, yeah, but did it have to happen the same month as the speeding ticket? The other thing that ‘happens to everyone sooner or later’?”
3. Cut my husband’s hair. It was terrifying. It looks super.
4. Rediscovered an anime from high school: Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances). Watching it always fills me with a warm nostalgia for Japan, which I was chosen to visit in Summer 2002 for a Sister City visit.
Random trailer is random!
5. Scrubbed the tub. Not every day can be full of excitement.
On an ending note, have this. It’s not mine. A friend of mine shared it on Facebook. Normally I skip over these sorts of things, but there’s an Animorph’s reference and that gave me…feels. Also, it is true, so yeah.